Time to Celebrate!
Circle the Wagons! We invite you to hold your next event at the End of the Oregon Trail with many options to choose from. The center is available before or after regular open hours, with some exceptions.
Tell us about your gathering, we will help you find the space and the services to make your event memorable at the End of the Oregon Trail.
- Birthday parties
- Movie night
- Family reunions
- Business meetings
- Workshops, lectures and seminars
- Author chats
- Meet and greet
Need ideas to make your event special? Here are a few themes to ponder:
- American Girl Doll “Kirsten” or Little House on the Prairie themed birthday party
- “Oregon Trail Game” night with “Dysentery” Oregon Trail T-shirts
- Family genealogy night with genealogy specialist
- Stew & Brew – cast iron cooking at its best
- Native American salmon feast
- Tea with Master Gardeners
- Band night – pioneer music to fill the heart
Available Spaces to host your event:
Available before and after regular open hours. Each space has wi-fi access and many have tv or theater screens available for your use as well.
State & County Visitor Center: The wrap-around windows and sky lights offer a bright, warm inviting space for guests. With a Welcome Desk, TV with Blu-ray DVD capability, two tables and twelve chairs this space lends itself well for many types of gatherings. As the End of the Oregon Trail gift shop, there are also many shopping opportunities in this space if you’d like to schedule time for your guests to pick a souvenir, or you can choose party favors beforehand. Maximum capacity: 50
“Beginning the Journey” Wagon I: This is a bright, large, open space adjacent to the Hallway – this space is well suited for a variety of events with space for greeting area and refreshment station. Maximum capacity: 84
Theater: The theater has 80 seats, 4 handicap accessible spaces, and two benches that seat approximately 10 people each. Blu-Ray and DVD equipment can show any movie or PowerPoint on the big screen. Microphone and ActiVote personal voting terminals also available, making this space perfect for workshops and lectures, or festive movie night events. Maximum capacity: 99.
“End of the Journey, arriving in Oregon” Wagon III: This space has Blu-ray DVD and PowerPoint capabilities and bench seating for approximately 60 people. Adjacent outdoor terrace space also available. Maximum capacity: 51
Henderson Farm : This space has a cozy atmosphere with the “Farm / Barn” motif. Maximum capacity: 47, with an adjacent patio available for larger parties. Henderson Farm is available during regular business hours. Smaller parties with shorter events can consider booking just this room:
- $150 Henderson Farm Event (30 people or less) includes:
- Henderson Farm space
- Staffing – 2 hours total, start to finish, including hosting, basic set-up and clean-up
- Tables and seating for up to 30 people
- Garbage and recycling removal
For events before or after business hours:
- $500 Basic Event Package includes:
- One event space of your choice
- Welcome desk & coat rack
- Staffing – 3 hour event plus 1 hour basic set-up and 1 hour clean-up
- Tables – twelve 6′ available, including banquets and pine tables
- Seating – benches and 30 folding chairs
- White linens for two 6′ tables, including skirting
- Garbage and recycling removal
Customize your event with the following options:
- Beverage Service: Clackamas Heritage Partners is exclusively responsible for providing beverage and beverage service. Includes beer, hard cider, and wine selections, ice, cocktail napkins, plastic glassware and beverage setup and service by OLCC licensed staff. Beverage costs are based on consumption, charged for open bottles. Special selections are available upon request. Beer selection: Bridgeport IPA, Deschutes, and Henry Weinhard – $4 per bottle. Hard Cider: Pearfect Portland Cider and Sorta Sweet Portland Cider – $7 per bottle. OLCC licensed staff is $150 for 3 hours of event time, plus 1 hour set-up and 1 hour clean-up, per staff person.
- History Programming: Book a historically clothed interpreter to add some 19th-century charm to your event with these options:
- Presentation: an informative and fun 30-minute overview of Oregon Trail history
- Candle dipping and butter making: keep your candle as a souvenir and enjoy your hand-made fresh butter as a snack
- Land claiming outdoor activity: reinact the pioneers’ first step towards making a new home in Oregon
- Wagon packing: a thought-provoking real-life math challange to discuss what you would pack in your limited wagon
- Bound for Oregon feature film: 30 minutes long and made from genuine pioneer journals
- ActiVote technology: we can create custom content to accompany these hand-held voting terminals
- Genealogy: research resources and an expert to help you rediscover your group’s past
- Heartstrings musical duo: pioneer musicians who can lead singalongs, share instrument and song history, and give a mini-lesson
- Master Gardeners: learn historical gardening tips that can still help your plants bloom
- Catering: Need catering ideas? Here are some caterers in our area.
50% Deposit required to hold reservation. If the deposit is not received, we will move your reservation to the waiting list. To cancel a reservation, please notify event services at least 10 days in advance. Cancellations must be submitted in writing (email, fax, or mail). Cancellations become official when CHP has confirmed your request at 503-657-9336 ext. 107.
Certificate of Insurance: Please provide a Certificate of Insurance to include liquor liability, (when beverage service is provided by CHP), with Clackamas Heritage Partners as additional insured.
Please fill out the form below. Call or email us for more information on planning your event at our center! 503-657-9336 or email@example.com Organization Name * Address * City, State, Zip Code * Contact Name * Phone Number * Email * Requested Reservation Date * Reservation Start Time * Estimated Ending Time * Size of Group * Event Description (party, seminar, etc) * Reserved Rooms * Wagon I Henderson Farm Movie Theater Wagon III Visitor Center Catering Contact Are you interested in our beverage service? Yes No Are you interested in utilizing our technology opportunities? (Theater screen, ActiVote, PowerPoint, etc.) Yes No Are you interested in adding history programming? (presentation, candle dipping, butter making, land claiming, wagon packing, etc.) Yes No Comments / Special Needs *
Monday – Saturday 9:30am to 5pm
Open Sundays 10:30am to 5pm
Last admission into interpretive center one hour before closing
1726 Washington St
Oregon City, OR 97045